[systemd-devel] Scheduling 3 periodic jobs using systemd

Nils Kattenbeck nilskemail at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 17:14:52 UTC 2024

AFAIK they are independent and are taken into account when either a) both
units are started simultaneously (e.g. they have a Wants= dependency) or b)
one unit is already starting while the other unit is activated. Then the
activating unit should still wait for the currently activating unit. Though
it has been a while since I toyed around with that. I am unsure if timer
units which elapse at the same time qualify for a) (they might, since
systemd tries to combine close timers into one system wakeup at least) but
they should definitely qualify for b) if you start one time shortly after
the other.