[systemd-devel] Best Practices with homectl ↔ passwd/groups/shadow ?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 15:42:46 UTC 2024

I'm not sure if that's related to homectl - it seems that you're trying to
specify User= and Group= within a user service. The whole "systemd --user"
service manager (user at xxx.service) is unprivileged and runs as your user,
so it cannot change its UID anyway or set any supplementary groups except
those that it already has.