[systemd-devel] [EXT] Re: Re: "OnUnitInactiveSec Timer not firing" issue

Kevin P. Fleming lists.systemd-devel at kevin.km6g.us
Tue Jul 30 12:56:35 UTC 2024

On Tue, Jul 30, 2024, at 08:38, Windl, Ulrich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Top-posting this time:
> Reading the manual carefully, I recognized an asymmetry:
> OnActiveSec= defines a timer relative to the moment the timer itself is
> activated.
> OnUnitInactiveSec= defines a timer relative to when the unit the timer
> is activating was last deactivated.
>
> Also the manual des not state WHERE that state is remembered.

Every unit that is kept in memory (some units can be configured to, or default to, not being kept in memory when they are stopped) has start, stop, and other times kept by systemd. These are visible in 'systemctl list-units', 'systemctl status', etc. I've never had a reason to care, but I suspect these are not persisted to storage.