[systemd-devel] soft-reboot and service templates

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Wed Jun 5 12:35:23 UTC 2024

Hi,

while playing with soft-reboot and services surviving this:
A standard service file works, but if I use a service template (e.g.
test at .service), the service get's stopped during soft-reboot.
Reasons is:
-Slice=system.slice
+Slice=system-test.slice

Is it somehow possible, that also "test at .service" stays alive during a
soft-reboot?
Or is there another way to pass variables to a service file at
startup? I don't need to run the same service several times in
parallel.

Thanks,
  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect, Future Technologies
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461