[systemd-devel] [External] Re: How to set the timeout of emergency mode

Itxaka Serrano Garcia itxaka.garcia at spectrocloud.com
Wed Jun 12 07:38:09 UTC 2024

In that case, why not use the timeout stuff from the services?

You could probably override the service to set a timeout for its running
with
[Unit]
JobRunningTimeoutSec=300
JobTimeoutAction=reboot-force

So after starting you get up to 5 minutes of it running and then it should
reboot. Probably the JobTimeoutAction is not needed as I'm sure it will
reboot if the emergency.service fails, but better safe than sorry :)

That gives you the best of both worlds. You get some time to debug and if
not it will auto reboot after a bit and maybe fix itself :D