[systemd-devel] Regarding systemd-boot counting.

Srinivas Naik nivasnaik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:45:43 UTC 2024

Hello Everyone,
I am exploring systemd-boot counting for HLOS roll back. I am new to
systemd-boot. As part of boot counting systemd-boot will decrement the
"tries-left" counter of the selected configuration and tries to boot with
that.
*For example **4.14.11-300.fc27.x86_64+2-1.conf*.
When the device successfully boots up, systemd-bless-boot.service is
expected to mark this entry as good.
*For example 4.14.11-300.fc27.x86_64.conf.*
But if for some reason, the HLOS boot up fails, is it expected to reboot
the device manually so that the next retry happens? Or is there a service
similar to systemd-bless-boot.service which reboots the device when the
boot up fails?

Thanks
Srinivas