[Tango-artists] Icon question

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 04:49:45 PST 2005

On 12/15/05, Rodney Dawes <dobey at novell.com> wrote:
> Where I'm from originally, in Ohio, and also I believe in the Greater
> Boston Area (not totally sure, since I rent, and all the garbage
> collection junk is handled by the management co.), they are red.
> Typically the color of the recycle bins is determined by the city, so
> trying to claim that one color is The Right One, isn't very useful,
> since it varies so widely across the board.

Finnish garbage cans are

 - Grey for mixed
 - Green for paper
 - Blue for carton
 - Brown for bio

I'm sure you all enjoyed this bit of information about the finnish lifestyle.

To get on topic, I think the separation in colouring is good since the
function of the icon differs from normal folders. While not entirely
wrong technically, it's better to distance the trashcan from the
function of a _normal_ container.

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi