[Tango-artists] Sad Eyes

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Sun Nov 13 09:51:36 PST 2005

I was taking a look at woodwizzle's face-devil-sad icon and while he was
a great little devil, I though he looked more *angry* than sad. On a
whim, I tried changing his eyes a bit (since they are the part that
looked angry).

Just by horizontally flipping each of the eyes, I got a striking effect
of what looks to me like really sad eyes.

I also tried applying these sadder-looking eyes to the face-sad icon,
and I think that works well too. It's a nice further distinction from
the face-smile icon rather than just the mouth being different.

Here's a preview that shows the before/after effect of woodwizzle's
face-devil-sad icon and the CVS face-sad icon with the new sadder eyes:

http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/tango/sad-eyes-preview.png

They might even be too sad - they look a bit like
face-chronic-depression ;-)

The SVGs live here: http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/tango/

Cheers,
Steven Garrity