[Tango-artists] Some question about the future...

DaveMDS list at gurumeditation.it
Sat Nov 19 12:46:11 PST 2005

Jakub Steiner wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 02:04 +0100, DaveMDS wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>I want to use Tango as default icon-theme for the new file manager I
>>have wrote.
>>I have just included tango in my source tree but  with some modification:
>>
>>-first I have add to the theme all the gnome icon for mimetypes
>>-I have create all the icon in 48x48
>>-I have add some icon that I need
>>
>>So the question is:
>>Will the theme have all the size for all the icon in the future?
>>Will the theme have more mimetype?
>>

>Hi Dave,
>the plan is to have every single icon available at 16x16, 22x22 and
>scalable variant. The base set doesn't aim to have more mime types than
>the ones in the spec. The theme counts on some form of type fallback
>implemented. You are free to create more specific mime types but we want
>to avoid the situation in gnome right now where all theme authors are
>*forced* to create every single mime type icon.
>
>cheers

   The theme-specification implement an hinerytable system from
the various themes, in this way the icons that are not implemented
by  theme-authors are taken  from the default theme.

For now no default theme exist and so  I think that tango should be
the standard one... which must implement all the icons (or at least a
good set). I will try to make some...

Thanks
Dave