[Tango-artists] re-packaging for java projects

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Mon Nov 21 09:50:45 PST 2005

Hello,

I was wondering if it might be appropriate to re-package the tango base
icon library in a format suitable for inclusion in cross-platform java
projects?

I built a jar file from the tango-icon-theme-0.4.0.tar.gz distribution
using maven [1] with a meta-data file (see below) created from the various
readme files.

> http://shore.net/~heuermh/tango-icon-theme-0.4.0.jar
(temporary link)

With the blessing of the tango project team, I would like to
register and publish this jar artifact with the maven folks [2] so
that it may be mirrored at the central maven repository [3].  Or
alternatively I might be able to help someone on the tango project team do
this.

This process allows java project developers to use the tango base icon
library by simply including the following dependency for their project:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.tango-project</groupId>
    <artifactId>tango-icon-theme</artifactId>
    <version>0.4.0</version>
  </dependency>

   michael

[1]
> http://maven.apache.org

[2]
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

[3]
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/

The jar file contains the following meta-data:

--- pom.xml

<project
  xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.tango-project</groupId>
  <artifactId>tango-icon-theme</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>0.4.0</version>
  <name>Tango Project icon theme</name>
  <url>http://www.tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Library</url>
  <organization>
    <name>Tango Project</name>
    <url>http://www.tango-project.org</url>
  </organization>
  <contributors>
    <contributor>
      <name>Rodney Dawes</name>
      <email>dobey at novell.com</email>
    </contributor>
    <contributor>
      <name>Andreas Nilsson</name>
      <email>nisses.mail at home.se</email>
    </contributor>
    <contributor>
      <name>Tuomas Kuosmanen</name>
      <email>tigert at novell.com</email>
    </contributor>
    <contributor>
      <name>Garrett LeSage</name>
      <email>garrett at novell.com</email>
    </contributor>
    <contributor>
      <name>Jakub Steiner</name>
      <email>jimmac at novell.com</email>
    </contributor>
  </contributors>
  <licenses>
    <license>
      <name>Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license</name>
      <url>http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/</url>
      <distribution>repo</distribution>
    </license>
  </licenses>