[Tango-artists] attached: wine app-icon

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Sat Apr 1 19:53:11 PST 2006

I agree with the bad metaphor comment. However, it's also true that Wine
itself, doesn't really need an icon, and there shouldn't be a launcher
that just runs "wine". It would be kind of useless if it did. However,
the individual apps of course, should be using their appropriate icons,
when possible. i think some other aspect of the fact that Wine is a
Windows compatibility layer for running the apps on other platforms,
should be taken into account for a logo/icon as well, though. It's
always good to show what something is/does that way. But given that
this would be more of a mascot than an icon, I'm not sure how necessary
that is.

-- dobey