[Tango-artists] whither addressbook?

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Fri Apr 14 07:39:20 PDT 2006

Hello all.  For reasons of curiosity, I've started working on a Symbian
series60 theme using the Tango icon library, and I'm running into some
difficulty.

Why is there an "action" icon for "create a new address book" -- but there
is no app icon for "address book" ?  That doesn't make any sense at all.

How many times is a user going to (as the Gallery page puts it) "use the
action to create a new address book" anyway?  And how many times are they
going to it as compared to opening an existing addressbook?

I know, I know, I can personally take the SVG file and remove the glowy
yellow blob from the "create new" icon, but there clearly needs to be one in
the main library; it's an everyday application.

Thoughts?

Nate
--
nathan.p.willis