[Tango-artists] whither addressbook?

Nathan Willis listbot at glyphography.com
Fri Apr 14 10:07:42 PDT 2006

Well, I did notice that, but I think it still leaves the underlying question
unanswered: why is there no addressbook app icon?

I'll be happy to document my adventures on Symbian, of course.  At this
stage in the game, the missing pieces are the big obstacle.

(While we're on the subject: there's no clock icon either, which is kind of
important.  And why is there both an "office-calendar" _and_ an
"x-office-calendar" -- and why on earth are they different?)

Nate

On 4/14/06, Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 09:39 -0500, Nathan Willis wrote:
> > Hello all.  For reasons of curiosity, I've started working on a
> > Symbian series60 theme using the Tango icon library, and I'm running
> > into some difficulty.
> >
> > Why is there an "action" icon for "create a new address book" -- but
> > there is no app icon for "address book" ?  That doesn't make any sense
> > at all.
> >
> > How many times is a user going to (as the Gallery page puts it) "use
> > the action to create a new address book" anyway?  And how many times
> > are they going to it as compared to opening an existing addressbook?
> >
> > I know, I know, I can personally take the SVG file and remove the
> > glowy yellow blob from the "create new" icon, but there clearly needs
> > to be one in the main library; it's an everyday application.
>
> Hi there!
> While there's no addressbook app icon, there is an addressbook mime type
> (x-office-address-book).
>
> cheers
>
> Btw, if you could make some screenshots of Tango on symbian, please do!
> --
> Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com>

nathan.p.willis
nwillis at glyphography.com