[Tango-artists] whither addressbook?

SHADOW-XIII shadow.xiii at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 01:46:20 PDT 2006

I just want to add my 2p to the discussion.
I understand that you try to stick with standard names and leave more
icons to be created for certain applications, but there are some more
disadvantages of that:

- one, the most important is that, probably only standard-official tango
icons theme will be good enough, all other icons from non-tango pack
will be poorer quality and may not stick to the general tango icon look
This will break whole Tango idea ..

Wouldn't it be better to start an icon replacement work ?
Where everybody could ask about an icon for an app or other thing ?
I see it that way:
- you put submit form on tango-project where people can add icon requests
- and you add voting to the list
- from the list you will see what icons people would like to see
This way you do not have to make ALL icons, but only those most popular
... since all standard tango icons will be made you can move to the next
level, which is that requesting form ...

personally I got no graphic skills at all, only have some skills with
mixing already created graphics, but certainly I do not want Tango to
stay only with standard icons