[Tango-artists] A Bunch of Icons

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Sun Apr 23 07:35:33 PDT 2006

Firstly, as others already mentioned, the archive is not attached.
Perhaps there is something wrong with the mailer you're using? I
can't say for sure, because there doesn't seem to be an X-Mailer header
in your mail either, to tell me what client you are using.

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 03:40 -0500, Samuel wrote:
> application-certificate:
> A modified version that makes use of the
> sheet-of-paper-as-readable-document metaphor. My hope is that this
> will more clearly represent COPYING files (that is what its for,
> right?), especially for anyone who doesn't get the whole wax-seal
> thing (they will at least see that it's a text file). I also think
> the name ought to be changed to application-license, as it more
> clearly states what the icon is for.
> Gnome Legacy Name: gnome-mime-text-x-copying

No. Actually this icon is for certificates, such as S/MIME. :) I'm not
really sure what an icon specific to licenses should look like.

> application-credits:
> application-install:
> application-readme:
> text-x-script-perl:
> text-x-script-python:
> text-x-script-ruby:

The naming specification states that MIME type icons should be named
the same as the MIME type which they are for. The only reason why the
majority of icons listed in the specification itself are not, is due
to the fact that they are meant to be generic fallback icons. We've not
yet figured out a good naming scheme for doing generic sub-type icons
though, such as for vector vs. bitmap images. I think it really requires
the extension to the Shared MIME spec to be put in the spec, and
implemented by the desktops, to be doable.

-- dobey