[Tango-artists] some new tango icon

Tobias Wolf towolf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:48:16 PDT 2006

Am Montag, den 24.04.2006, 21:40 +0200 schrieb Sevenissimo:

> Hi,
> to all the artists,
>
> I'm Seven_issimo the author of tango-custom icon theme (on gnome-look.org).
> In the last weeks, I designed some icons not already in tango theme
> (as I can understand from tango gallery page), and some more not
> listed in tango gallery...
>
> so, I'm send you this mail to feed you a tarball of my work.
> I hope it (my work) and me, can be usefull for tango project...
>
> feedbacks about this icons are more than welcome,
>
> bye to all,
>    -Matteo

audio-volume-*.png are convincing alternatives to the svn trunk version
(although I'm now fond of that one); the scalables maybe less so. The
dictionary is nice but perhaps other locales should also have their
turns. Concerning the zoom icons I think I prefer the kind that was
committed to g-i-t recently and I think the search magnifying glass
should be distinct from a possible zoom loupe.
The accessories-postscript-viewer uses the -I think trademarked- Adobe
Acrobat bezier logo. The existing Evince icon obfuscates it very well I
think. For a related reason I think that rhythmbox.{png,svg} ain't gonna
cut it.
Oh, and gnomebaker and sound-juicer already are tangoed.
It's laudable that someone is picking up on the stock gtk window
actions. I think gtk-apply, gtk-cancel and those red and green traffic
lights (yes/no) are badly needed. The monochrome close icon is perhaps
the only one I would keep from that group, it's a classic (like the
black zoom icons).

just my two øre
Tobias