[Tango-artists] Icon designer needed for NaNoWriMo

Chris Baty chris at nanowrimo.org
Tue Aug 1 11:01:25 PDT 2006

Dear Brilliant Tango Artists,

Greetings! I run a non-profit called National Novel Writing Month
(NaNoWriMo.org). For the last seven years, we've been challenging the
world to write a 50,000-word novel in November. Last November, we had
60,000 participants in our adult program and 4,000 in our Young Writers
Program.

The event is free, and we give 50% of any proceeds we make from donations
and merchandise to build libraries for kids in Southeast Asia. So far
we've built ten in Cambodia and Laos, and hope to build ten more in
Vietnam in 2006.

I'm posting here at Jakub's recommendation because we offer NaNoWriMo
participant and winner icons every year, and I'm looking to hire someone
to design the 2006 National Novel Writing Month icons. We'll need four
total---a NaNoWriMo participant and winner icon, and a NaNoWriMo Young
Writers Program participant and winner icon. These would end up on the
blogs and websites of the 80,000 participants we're expecting this fall.

If you'd be interested in the job, please drop me a line.

Thanks so much!

Chris
Director, National Novel Writing Month
chris at nanowrimo.org