[Tango-artists] Using your Icons for Web-Project?

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Sat Feb 4 01:25:42 PST 2006

Carlos wrote:

> Hello,
> Ryan Collier from Novell told me to put a question to this list,
> concerning the TANGO icons.
> First of all, i have to inform you that this is the first time
> that i am confrontated with the TANGO project. The idea is awsome!
>
> And as i am developing a new project i would like to know,
> wether it also would be possible to use the icons for my
> online project? It is not a software, but it acts like that,
> as it is a full-flash site designed so that users can archive
> their collectibles online.
> Just think about MS ACCESS or FILEMAKER but online and for free.
> Naturaly speaking not so good as one of these tools, but a first
> step in that direction.

Hello Carlos!
The tango-icons are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution
Share-Alike license, so as far as I see it, there would be no problems
using them for a web-interface, as long as you make sure your users are
able to find the source of the artwork.
I've actually seen a couple of web-interfaces use made use of the icons
and style already like Jaws, Ubuntuforums and Swat.
Nice to see that tango is popular.
- Andreas