[Tango-artists] MediaWiki Theme

Garrett LeSage garrett at novell.com
Tue Jul 11 07:36:31 PDT 2006

Joe Fugate wrote:
> I downloaded and installed the tango mediawiki skin ... thanks,
> it's a great looking skin!
Thanks.
> However, line 71 of tango.php says:
> <?php include_once('inc/globalnav.php'); echo $navhtml; ?>
>
> When I install the skin as you recommend in the tango FAQ, it
> throws an error that it can't find inc/globalnav.php.
>
> Searching high and low in the mediawiki site does not reveal
> this file anywhere.
>
> I think you missed this file ... where might I get a copy so I
> can get the tango skin to actually work?
>
> Thanks!
That was a global navigation include, as we, at one point, had more than
just MediaWiki serving up the site.  (There was a blog and a planet, for
instance.)

We decided that the non-MediaWiki parts weren't necessary for Tango (at
least for the time being), and thus removed them from the site around
launch time.

You can remove that line and not miss much.  It just generated a list of
links; that is all.

Garrett