[Tango-artists] Icon requests

Eugenia Loli-Queru eloli at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 23:52:32 PDT 2006

> Cool, looks good. Isn't the hardhat icon more appropriate for the
> development category?

I had two problems with the hardhat. First, its bright yellow stands out way
too much compared to the rest of the icons in the front page, and secondly,
I don't think it's very clear on 32x32 of what it represents. Especially in
some countries workers *don't* wear hardhats (my father is a house builder
for example, but he doesn't wear one -- it is not required by law in
Greece). Personally, I think that the gears or the the puzzle pieces make
more sense than the hardhat for "development", when thinking the userbase
more globally. A more "mat" color would have been nicer too.

I also changed the audio icon to one Steven created a few weeks ago for
Audacity. In general, I love all Tango icons (including the hardhat ;),
except the audio one. It has a really weird shape and tilt and it is not
clear of what it is at 32x32. From the whole collection, I believe that this
is the only Tango icon that needs complete redesign before Tango gets into
Gnome by default.

Rgds,
Eugenia