[Tango-artists] Facing direction of icons

Eugenia Loli-Queru eloli at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 15 15:54:45 PDT 2006

>The guidelines are a bit vague on this point, perhaps on purpose (just a
>guess though), as the most important factor is to be able to spot what kind
>of object the icon represents.

Yup. I agree that the "facing front" is the main theme for most Tango icons
today. But there are some objects that are not recognizable if they are
facing front. Like the video camera icon for example, it was correctly
designed to be facing left just because a front facing wouldn't be too
clear. Thing is though, this "left" facing must be mentioned in the
guidelines page as the desired fallback. If you don't mention that, an
artist might choose to design his icon facing right or left. And that's
what's going to create a future problem. I think that this is an important
point to be added in the guidelines. Jacob?

>Regarding Jokosher, I'll see what I can do about it. Having them pointing
>the same way is probably a good idea (or use flat on, standing up perhaps).

thanks :)

Eugenia