[Tango-artists] Re: Looking for new icon for FileRoller

Mike Stern Mike.Stern at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 5 17:31:48 PDT 2006

Yup, I agree that it's generally a bad idea to use any body parts for
icons.  There are really a number of reasons but the one you mention
is a key concern.  Glasses are OK.  I've seen them used for 'read'
before which is a different but highly analogous concept.

The truth of the matter is that I'm not even sure that "view" is the
right name / concept for this action.  I haven't tinkered with this
application myself but after clicking 'view' I have no idea what I'm
supposed to do.  From the label 'view' I would expect it to open the
file or show me some meta information or something along those
lines.  Also, why have that option in the tool bar when double
clicking or hitting return does the same thing?  A bit overkill, no?  :D

cheers,
m.