[Tango-artists] audio-volume ... new svg

Jakub Steiner jimmac at novell.com
Mon May 1 05:35:54 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 15:45 +0200, Sevenissimo wrote:
> Thanks all for your generous suggestions,
> I've improved a lot my icons, I think... :)
>
> These are only the pngs, because my work is still in progress,
> but (I think) you could see and judge them.
>

> thanks for your patience,
>   -Matteo
>

> PS.: I know tango project already has the audio-volume-* icons.
> If my works are only a disturbance, say it to me, otherwise use them
> as you believe :D

Hi.
Good progress. Even if the Tango base theme already has volume icons,
they are not particularly strong at 48x48. There's no harm in a bit of
redundancy. Testing out a different approach is sometimes hard for a
single person when the current state is already good enough. But for a
different person that level (of being good-enough) may lie elsewhere.
Lapo has shown this multiple times and has improved an existing icon I
wouldn't have bothered to touch.

Testing the style yourself and the creation process is also valuable. So
even if we end up not using your icon in the Tango base, it's definitely
not a distraction as you say.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com>