[Tango-artists] Theming OOo

Jakub Steiner jimmac at novell.com
Thu May 25 14:40:50 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 13:53 -0700, William Szilveszter wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>     I am looking at theming OOo now, but I haven't the foggiest how to
> apply a theme if I did one. I have looked in
> "~/.ooo-2.0/user/config/imagecache" and see bmp files but after changing
> a few icons in the industrial set, the changes aren't reflected when I
> run OOo.
>
> Are these indeed where the icons are drawn from? This is one of the last
> programs I need to modify so any help would be greatly appreciated. I
> know Jakub is working on a tango theme for v2.0, but don't know the
> current state. Has anyone begun this and has a working model I can look at?
>
> Cheers,

Hi William,
theming OOo is possible these days, but it's not exactly trivial. The
icon themes live in /usr/lib/openoffice/share/config
(or /usr/lib/ooo-2.0/share/config/ depending on your distro). They are
zipped up.

I am working on a tango OOo theme which happens on the nicely named
cws_src680_jimmactango branch. You can check out the work anonymously
at :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.services.openoffice.org:/cvs
(ui/ooo_custom_images).

If you want to contribute to the trunk, I'm affraid you need to sign the
JCA: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JCA

After changing the icons your safe bet is cleansing your ~/.ooo-2.0/ as
the icons are cached somehow.

cheers!

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com>