[Tango-artists] SynCE logo/icon request

Jonny Lamb jonnylamb at jonnylamb.com
Sun Apr 8 08:19:36 PDT 2007

Dear artists,

SynCE[0] is in need of a new logo, not that it has ever had a logo. The
project is an effort to support Windows Mobile devices on Linux. This
basically means replacing Activesync.

Due to Microsoft changing the synchronisation protocol for the 2005
version of Windows Mobile, there has not been a release. However, a new
release with WM2005 support is near! I have mocked up a new website[1]
(which already uses Tango icons) and has had some positive feedback.

What I would very much like, is a logo for SynCE that could go on the
website, and on desktop software (gnome applet, KDE apps). There has
already been a small push for artwork on the wiki[2], but hasn't been
hugely successful yet, as you might see!

The only ideas I have had (been very non-artistic) have been to imitate
the Activesync logo[3] somehow (green circle with white arrows around
the circumference). Although, in Windows Vista, the new thing is Windows
Mobile Device Center[4], so maybe some inspiration could be taken from
there? However, this is just a small idea, and whether you take it or
not is totally up to you!

This would be hugely appreciated. If you would like any more
information, do not hesitate to contact me:
 * on this list, publicly
 * on this email address, privately
 * on IRC (#synce on freenode. My nick is jonnylamb)

Regards,

[0] http://synce.org/
[1] http://jonnylamb.no-ip.org/~jonny/synce/
[2] http://synce.org/index.php/Artwork