[Tango-artists] all icons new?

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Sat Feb 10 04:42:45 PST 2007

Thomas Steiner wrote:
> Hi all,
> I read all the guidelines for the tango project and now I, a total
> greenhorn, want to make my first new own icons for a GPL-application.
> It shares some typical icons (like open, save, close etc) but there
> are some uncommon icons as well. Shall I create all icons new that are
> used or just the three or four that are new anyway (eg "optimize")?
> May I use the existing icons (eg
> http://tango.freedesktop.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/scalable/actions/document-open.svg)
>
> Thanks for your answer,
> Thomas
Hi Thomas!
Nice to see some new faces!
If it is a application that supports regular icon lookup (like a
GTK+/GNOME or a QT/KDE app) all you should need to do is create the new
ones, like "optimize" and the system will look up the other for you.
In the application you then install the new icons according to the info
you can find here: http://live.gnome.org/ThemableAppIcons
The apps launcher icon should be named the same as the binary and should
be installed in $prefix/share/icons/hicolor/$size/apps
Hope it helps!
Feel free to pop by #tango on freenode if you need any live help.
- Andreas