[Tango-artists] Work for tango fridays :)

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Tue Jan 9 17:32:20 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 17:23 -0600, Daniel Derozier wrote:
> It seems to me that there's a real demand for icons like these.
>
> Might it be nice to have some sort of a "chat/im" tango set that can
> easily be ported to appropriate applications? Or is this already in
> the works?

Many of these icons are already named in the naming spec, because
presence and contacts are something every desktop should have.

While it might be nice to have one set that every app can copy around,
that isn't really feasible, due to licensing differences between apps.
Generally people want the icons to have the same license as the app
that they are using them in. The recommended solution is really to use
the icon theme (by way of the naming spec names), and if it's really
needed, to provide a default set within the app, that it can fall back
to, for other platforms such as Win32 and OS X.

-- dobey