[Tango-artists] Rethinking emblem-unreadable

jqubit and.qso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:56:01 PST 2007

I was looking over the library again today and noticed that
emblem-unreadable doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the
Tango collection, particularly the other emblems. It has a (rather
exaggerated) faded highlight rather than a glossy one, and generally
looks washed out.

More than that, there seems to be a bit of metaphor confusion. The two
icons we currently have describing properties of the file (rather than
its contents) are monochromatic squares with simple emblems on them.
User-added emblems describing file contents, however, are colored and of
various shapes. The current emblem-unreadable should be in this first
category, but doesn't look similar enough.

I have attached an idea for something slightly more in-line with the others.

Best
Jacob