[Tango-artists] Updating the folder icons in gnome-icon-theme

Ulisse ulisail at yahoo.it
Sun Jul 1 08:05:32 PDT 2007

Sebastian Kraft wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 01.07.2007, 16:32 +0200 schrieb Jaap Haitsma:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently the folder icons in gnome-icon theme are kind of green
>> grayish. I guess it's (almost) the same color as before gnome icon
>> theme got tangofied. I think updating their color or maybe also their
>> shape would be nice for two reasons
>>
>> 1. IMO the current color does not really fit with the colors of the
>> other icons. The color seems also not to be part of the tango palette
>> [1]
>>
>> 2. Now that almost all icons in the GNOME desktop have been
>> refreshed/tangofied, I think it would be nice if GNOME 2.20 also would
>> have fresh folder icons. IMO the change of color of the folder icons
>> are a very visible to the user because they are used everywhere. So
>> this change would give GNOME 2.20 a new fresh look
>>
>> Thanks for all your hard work on the icons,
>>
>> Jaap
>>
>> [1] http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines
>>

> it's a matter of taste, IMO. i think the folders integrate well into the
> whole gnome theme, because they are not that intrusive to the eyes. :)
>
> cheers,
>
> Sebastian

I made a trial for new folders just a couple of days ago, trying to
maintain the same look of the old folders but giving a freshier look,
see the attachment.
About the color, I wouldn't change it too much, because I think it is a
peculiarity of each theme and a different color would feel like a
betrayal to me :)
Plus, the current color goes well with every other color you could use
as theme dominant on your desktop.

Ulisse.

--
-- When There Are No Walls, You Need No Windows --
   Linux user #393784 -- http://counter.li.org/