[Tango-artists] [Request] Portable music player icons

Jonas Häggqvist rasher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:34:04 PDT 2007

Hi,

I write as a developer of the Rockbox project [1], which is an open
source firmware replacement for a number of portable music players.
For our installer, which is currently in development, we would like
some icons for each device.

We already have SVG images of almost all our supported devices, for
use in our manual, which could be used as a starting point. I have
attached a tarball of these SVGs. These are all copyright by Marianne
Arnold, and can be used under the GPLv2 or GFDL 1.2 or later.

We would need to be able to redistribute the icons under the GPLv2.

We support the following targets, and would like icons for them
(filenames for the existing SVGs after the device-names):

Archos Jukebox Player 6000 / Jukebox Studio 5/10/20 (player-front.svg)
Archos Recorder 10 / 20 (recorder-front.svg)
Archos Recorder v2 / FM (recorderv2fm-front)
Archos Ondio SP (ondiosp-front.svg)
Archos Ondio FM (ondiofm-front.svg)
Iriver H100/H115/H120/H140 (h1xx-front.svg)
Iriver H320/H340 (h300-front.svg)
Iriver H10 5/6 GB (h10_5gb-front.svg)
Iriver H10 20 GB (h10-front.svg)
Apple Ipod 1st / 2nd Generation (no existing svg)
Apple Ipod 3rd Generation (ipod3g-front.svg)
Apple Ipod 4th Generation greyscale (ipod4g-front.svg)
Apple Ipod Colour / Photo / U2 (4th Generation) (ipodcolor-front.svg)
Apple Ipod Video (ipodvideo-front.svg)
Apple Ipod Mini (1st/2nd Generation) (ipodmini-front.svg)
Apple Ipod Nano (1st Generation) (ipodnano-front.svg)
Cowon Iaudio X5 / X5L / X5V (x5-front.svg)
Cowon Iaudio M5 / M5L (m5-front.svg)
Toshiba Gigabeat F / X (gigabeatf-front.svg)
Sandisk Sansa E200

I see that there are some device icons in the Tango Icon Library, but
sadly we are not able to use these, as they are not under a
GPL-compatible license.

--
Jonas Häggqvist

[1] http://www.rockbox.org/