[Tango-artists] Request for more ArtLibre/Scribus Icons

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Fri Mar 9 05:21:24 PST 2007

Antoine Cailliau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's are the icons I use for Inkscape. I hope that the metaphors are
> pretty good and the realisation not so bad :)
>
> I've the svg, so if you want it, just ask it.
>
> Have a good day,
>
> Antoine

Hi Antoine!
Nice work on these, but I feel that a simpler approach to the shapes
might be needed, something along the lines of those used in Adobe
Indesign (and the rest of the suite as well?). We also need to focus on
the icons that are left.
Here is a mockup showing the icons we currently use in Scribus [1] that
Craig referred to. What is most urgent right now is figuring out
metaphors and images for the things Craig listed.

These metaphors are pretty good already and would just need some
tango-styling:
* Make horizontal gaps between items equal to the value specified
* Make vertical gaps between items equal to the value specified
They are the ones with X and Y in the Distribute section of the dialog [2].

1. http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/scribus-align.png
2. http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/scribus-and-current.png

- Andreas