[Tango-artists] Hi & first icon: Transcend JetFlash150

Josef 'cornelius' Vybíral newsgroups at vybiral.info
Tue May 22 21:32:05 PDT 2007

Hi Rick,
 and be welcome among Tango artists :) Here are some thoughts about your
icons...

listas at jinlabs.com píše v Po 21. 05. 2007 v 08:39 -0700:
> Hi to everyone :-)
>
> I like very much the tango project, and despite I'm very bad in graphic
> design I wanted to collaborate and learn, so here is my first attempt:

Not bad for a first item :) But there are yet some things you can
improve a bit. For example snapping the lines into the grid. I've
realigned the 48x48px version's lines(except the USB logo) for you to
see it (Attached). Snapping to the grid makes the icon sharp.

The same applies to smaller sizes of the icon. When you resize the icon,
you also have to realign all the lines to prevent it from looking
blurred.

> By the way, I think that a tutorial focused in 'tango things' (like scale,
> reflections, shadows) would be great!

Jimmac created two video tutorials about our workflow. You can see them
at [1].

Also, if you would like to get immediate responses about your icons,
feel free to join us in #tango channel at irc.freenode.net.

 cheers
   cornelius

[1] http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines#Suggested_Workflow_.26_Support_Files