[Tango-artists] Selecting primary/secondary icon themes in GNOME

Simon Pascal Klein klepas at klepas.org
Tue Aug 5 14:42:33 PDT 2008

Sorry this is somewhat GNOME-specific—not sure where to best address
this:

Primary and secondary icon themes can be selected in the GNOME theme
manager by selecting an icon set, and then clicking on another—the
theme that was first selected becomes the secondary set, and of course
the theme that was just and last selected is the primary theme. This
becomes handy if I wanted to set an “icon theme” that only has folders
to “overwrite” a more complete set and its folders.

The only problem is that this isn’t evident to users. I mentioned this
at GUADEC to Andreas (iirc). Many other GNOME users I’ve chatted with
weren’t aware of primary/secondary theme selections either, or agreed
that the feature is very hidden. What do you guys think?

—Pascal

---
Simon Pascal Klein
Concept designer