[Tango-artists] Ristretto

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:59:17 PST 2008

What the icon really needs, is something to show that it's an image
viewer, and not at all anything related to coffee. It doesn't time
your coffee pot for you. It doesn't brew the coffee. It doesn't drink
the coffee. I would imagine the name "ristretto" was chosen to mean
that it was a "small" (lightweight) image viewer. Perhaps somehow
fitting that with the "image viewer" concept would make a better
icon and brand association for the application. As it stands now,
the icon looks very much like a java icon, regardless of how much
coffee or steam is there. The java<->coffee link/branding is very
strong I think, and seeing a cup of coffee just makes me think java.

-- dobey