[Tango-artists] relicensing tango-icon-theme

Sergio Lopes knitter.is at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 06:01:09 PDT 2008

I can say that this is great news.
I'm not an artist, and have never contributed to the project with icon
submissions, but I'm a developer that uses the theme, though none of
the applications I have created are ready and therefor have not been
made public, don't worry I always give proper credits when I know who
has done a given work, even when I don't know the author I make it
clear that the work was not mine ;)

For some applications, due to license problems, I have had to use the
Gnome Icon Theme, but whenever I can I prefer to use the Tango one.
I believe that, being a known project, one can easily identify any
usage that doesn't provide the proper credits.

I'll be looking forward to more news about the relicense process and
the adopted license.

--
Sem mais e com os melhores cumprimentos,

Sérgio Lopes