[Tango-artists] relicensing tango-icon-theme

Adam Theo theo at theoretic.com
Tue Jul 15 23:44:51 PDT 2008

I'm a newer Tango designer, but my two cents:

Great idea on creating a repository of icons or at least basic icon
elements. I only have experience with SVN, but it is good enough for me,
especially if it has better web and graphical desktop interfaces.

As for the licensing, I am not fond of the icons themselves being Public
Domain, since as mentioned it prevents the original creator from enforcing
any attribution rights. But Public Domain for the basic icon elements would
be perfect, since it would allow people to more easily create Tango
graphics. But a Creative Commons BY-SA license may not be bad, either.

I would also be willing to contribute the Tango graphics I have made for my
own project to this repository under the agreed upon licensing terms. I
create a new one or two every week. I would polish them off, adding any
metadata needed for this system. "Weather Change" video series
http://www.WatchTheWeatherChange.com