[Tango-artists] state of the icon theme

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado raul at dervishd.net
Sat Oct 18 12:36:05 PDT 2008

Saluton Jakub :)

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:03:39 -0400, Jakub Steiner dixit:
> Recently Novell has agreed to put all the assets from the old
> tango-icon-theme into public domain to allow the creation of what we
> call the tango-icon-library[3].

Thanks a lot, really. No more license issues with icons! Anyway, going
"Public Domain" is too strong a movement. Simply CCBY would have done,
probably. Anyway, even with the work under "Public Domain" I think that
most of the uses will be "fair play".

I must confess that, appart from the icon set of Tango, I'm a fan of the
Tango style guidelines.

> Just like with the original tango-icon-theme, to iterate the final
> style for the high resolution icons, we have created and been working
> on an icon theme codenamed Mango [4]. This theme is currently
> developed in a git repository on freedesktop, but with the past
> experience I think this should become the next iteration of the GNOME
> desktop base icon theme and move to gnome svn/infrastructure rather
> than aiming to make this a common/fallback/hicolor theme [5].

:)''''

We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...