[Tango-artists] some new gnome toolbar icons

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:25:47 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 21:20 +0200, Vlatko Boskoski wrote:
> I think that the point is to make the icons universal, not just for
> English speakers. So *b*old, *i*talic, and *link* is not the way to
> go

Yes. Text in icons is generally a bad idea. If you need to put text in
the icon, then you should just use the label and not use icons. And at
that point, they probably don't belong in the toolbar either.

However, the 'a' is still not great. I wonder if it would be better to
use a text entry cursor, and make it bold/italic for those icons, rather
than using the 'a' character. Would get rid of text, and I think would
still convey the meaning well.