[Tango-artists] Giant Wine Logo Icon

Joel Holdsworth joel at airwebreathe.org.uk
Thu Apr 15 13:41:59 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I might have mentioned it before, but I've been working on replacing the
icons in Wine with Tango compliant icons from various sources:
http://www.airwebreathe.org.uk/wine-icon . These icons are starting to
get merged in time for Wine v1.2 which may be released in only a few
weeks.

http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=blob_plain;f=dlls/user32/resources/oic_winlogo.svg;hb=3e6b07756f6096b0f7085ff6925c3e32d4d30ee4

As you can see in the above SVG, I have 48x48, 32x32 and 16x16 pixel
icons, in 32-bpp, 8-bpp, and 4-bpp. For this specific icon - the wine
glass, I'd like to get icon images in giant size: 128x128, as well as
(optionally) 256x256 and 64x64. This would achieve fuller compliance
with Windows Vista/7 and I could use it in the winecfg about panel.

I've seen some Giant Tango icons - they look very impressive. Do you
think you - or anyone else who's producing icons like this would be able
to help?

Here's the specs:

 * LGPL v2.1

 * Scalable (Mango Style?) Icon optimised for 128x128 (scalable to 64x64
and 256x256)

 * Must render correctly with RSVG (IIRC some effects like gaussian blur
are unsupported)

 * Designed for 32-bpp, but 8-bpp and 4-bpp images will be derrived (by
me, or the artist - whatever is easiest)

What do you think?

Joel