[Tango-artists] About Art Libre Set, Licenses and Pinta

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Mon Jul 12 12:05:44 PDT 2010

Hello!

This morning I suggest the developers of Pinta ( http://infosertec.loquefaltaba.com/ ) to use the Art Libre Set Icons to
improve the application.

As you can see in the bugtracker  ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/pinta/+bug/604519 ) there are not possible to use them
because they are licensed under the GPL (as it appears at Art Libre Set webpage).

Then I have two questions I need to know to clarify this issue:

- Is the Tango Icon project under GPL?
Few months ago I read in this mailing list the Tango Project was relicensed from GPL to Public Domain. It is true?

- In case Tango under Public Domain, Art Libre Set will be too or not?

- Someone can explain me why the GPL is not compatible with the MIT license?

Thank you for your help!
I hope the people of Pinta could use the Tango icons to bring a good looking interface to your users. ;)

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)