[Tango-artists] Copyrighting a logo with tango icons inculded

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 07:32:32 PDT 2010

In short "theoretically, yes."
In long "probably not."

My advice to you if you're thinking of creating any logo which is
intended to be Copyrighted/Trademarked for protection under law, is
to only draw original artwork, and make sure everything is good, by
hiring a lawyer to provide you legal advise.

In many countries, it is basically impossible to put anything into
the Public Domain, as there is no clear legal separation between
authorship and right to use/copy. The original author will pretty
much always retain Copyright.