[Tango-artists] Is this project sill alive?

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 19:53:23 CET 2013

You misunderstood the point, or what Tango is about. It wasn't simply
"prove we can do
it." It was to define a style, not build an icon theme that keeps
getting icons added
to it. The whole point of Tango is the style, not the icons.

The word "theme" explains exactly why icon themes will never be complete
and there
will always be problems. The Tango icon theme was always only ever meant
as an example
and starting point to further the style. It was never meant to have all
possible
icons, but only a base set as defined in the Icon Naming Spec.