[Telepathy] Saying hi

Stefan Eilers stefan.eilers at basyskom.de
Sun Apr 23 06:49:50 PDT 2006

Hi!

As we currently introduce ourselves, I will raise my voice, too.
I'm Stefan and project manager and developer of basysKom.

Am 23.04.2006 um 14:46 schrieb Ralph Meijer:

> At the Jabber Booth at FOSDEM I was approached by Stefan Eilers about
> the telepathy project, but I've been pretty busy since then and
> neglected to follow up on that.

I think we all have the same problem. In my case, we are very happy
to hire two new people. Thus, the current project pressure is going
to be reduced a bit from me. One of the new employees (Kai) is
working for telepathy most of his time, thus we are going to produce
some first results, real soon.
Our first steps are to nail down the specification of mission control
and to propose a first desktop interface specification for clients.
And we will create a project page real soon (currently writing some
text for it) to show what we are doing..
Our major aim will be the integration into KDE and to provide
connection manager for Asterisk and real telephony hardware. I hope
we will be able to fill the white spots in Telepathy.

> So, today I have been reading up on
> your project and it sounds quite interesting. I've been having
> ideas in
> this direction for a while, only Jabber specific.

Cool. I still like to initiate a discussion about the question, what
should be inside of misson-control and what should stay on the
desktop. As I read in the overview from Robert, that Raphaël Slinckx
implements some functionality of it into Cohoba. Maybe he wants to
provide some information what he has done, and what he thinks about
this?

> I've yet to dive deeper in what you guys have thought out and built so
> far, but just wanted to say 'Hi!' and offer my experience in the
> Jabber/XMPP protocol department.

I'm quite happy if the project is starting to have a public
discussion about goals and current states. It is quite hard for
external developers to stay informed if we just discuss in our
companies.. I hope that I'm able to show the internal progress on our
web-page, which will be published in the next days.

Mfg., Stefan Eilers
--
Stefan Eilers
Projekt Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-962 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 4213459 |
Jabber: eilers at jabber.org
stefan.eilers at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de