[Telepathy] telepathy specification 0.12.1
robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 30 04:37:15 PDT 2006
We've branched the Telepathy spec to make a few tweaks additions which
were needed for various functionality. This stable branch is 0.12.x and
is in darcs at:
The 0.12.1 release can be found at ths usual location:
This release essentially matches what Gabble currently implements, and a
summary of changes (by interface) follows.
* ConnectionManager: Connect can return a NotAvailable error to
indicate that the requested connection already exists.
* Connection: GetInterfaces may be called when still connecting
* Connection: RequestChannel may return one of the new Channel.Banned,
Channel.Full or Channel.InviteOnly errors
* Connection: StatusChanged signal adds a new 'name in use' error (for
registration, or networks where you can only sign on once), and 8 errors
for various certificate validation failures.
* Connection.Interface.Aliasing: The alias interface now allows
inspection and setting of multiple aliases simultaneously.
* Connection.Interface.Capabilities: Refactored to have capability
flags which are set on a (contact handle, channel type) tuple, rather
than duplicating the tuple for each create/invite/etc capability.
* Channel.Type.StreamedMedia: Adds a GetStreams and StreamStateChanged
signal to represent the progress of connection.
* Channel.Type.RoomList: Adds a 'name' attribute for room names, if
they differ to the handle.
* Channel.Type.Text: Adds an auto-reply message type, and a
GetMessageTypes method to see what messages can be sent on the current
* Channel.Type.Text: Adds a LostMessage signal to indicate that some
messages have been omitted due to a flood or lack of memory.
* Channel.Type.Text: Adds a SendError signal for when messages have
been returned to us by the server.
* Channel.Interface.Group: AddMembers can return Channel
* Channel.Interface.Group: Adds a GetAllMembers method which returns
current, local and remote pending in one call.
* Channel.Interface.Group: Adds a GetHandleOwners method which can be
used to get handle owners in a channel where the
CHANNEL_SPECIFIC_HANDLES group flag is set.
* Channel.Interface.Group: GetSelfHandle returns your handle if you're
pending (local or remote) as well as a full member.
* Channel.Interface.Password: Removed all functionality except for a
'provide' flag and a method to provide the password.
* Channel.Interface.Subject: Removed entirely.
* Properties: New interface which can add read/write properties to
either connection or channel objects. Defines a set of properties which
you might expect to find on chat rooms.
More information about the Telepathy