[Telepathy] PJSIP - Telepathy-SIP

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Fri Oct 20 13:09:38 PDT 2006

William DUCK wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just to point out this SIP stack :
>
> www.pjsip.org
>
> that could be a good repplacement of sofia sip :)

What makes you think we're looking for a replacement? The license on
this is more restrictive (GPL with other bits and bobs) than Sofia SIP,
which is entirely LGPL.

That said, it looks like a very complete implementation - but then
again, so is Sofia, and we have GStreamer & Farsight for all of our
codec/media needs. If you have a free (ideally LGPL) IETF ICE10
implementation that doesn't create 1000 threads (ideally, none - use a
mainloop), we'd be interested. :D

The people doing work on SIP in Telepathy at the moment are the
Sofia-SIP team from Nokia Research. I don't think they're looking for a
replacement either. ;)

> Best Regards,
>
> 			Will

Regards,