[Telepathy] paths for .manager files and other telepathy data?

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 16:40:28 PDT 2006

Andre Magalhaes wrote:
> That's fine with me, i will change tapioca-qt. Maybe we should add
> /opt/share/telepathy/managers also to the list.

I don't think so, uses of /opt as noted in the FHS seem to imply:
 /opt/package/{bin,lib,share...}
 /opt/provider/package/{bin,lib,share...}
There's also a provision for linking these things into /opt/bin and
/opt/lib so that they're available to the rest of the system, but
there's no mention of /opt/share. It'd come under the category of you
and/or your vendor being some kind of weirdo, in which case you're
welcome to patch things, cp the manager file to ~ or /usr/local, or use
TELEPATHY_DATA_PATH. :)

> Just one question regarding the .manager format. I saw that
> gabble.manager contains a key Name=gabble, should we use this key to
> identify the CM name or should we use the filename without extension.

I think as daf said it should be deprecated, to remove the implication
that one must first examine all .manager files for their Name= field
which can differ from their filename. I'll remove it in the next Gabble
release.

> BR
> Andrunko

Regards,