[Telepathy] telepathy-sofiasip: problem of connection

Kai Vehmanen kvehmanen at eca.cx
Thu Apr 19 13:23:16 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Matthieu LAURENT wrote:

> I am trying the telepathy-sofiasip projet.
> I have launched
> ./tp_caller sip:multimediapurplelabs at ekiga.net my_pass_word
> and I can not connect.

I think this issue is triggered specifically by ekiga.net's servers. I'm
not 100% sure but I think this is fixed in devel tree of either sofia-sip
or tp-sofiasip.

Essentially ekiga.net replies with a "406 Not acceptable" to the first
registration attempt. It's not obvious what the client should do in this
case, but in this specific case reregistration with a public SIP contact
seems to satisfy the proxy. But that's a bug in client side that the
registration is not retried after 401...

Could you try with some other SIP provider (for instance iptel.org) to
verify that this is specific to ekiga.net...?

--
  under work: Sofia-SIP at http://sofia-sip.sf.net