[Telepathy] Proposed standard MC API

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 2 06:17:56 PDT 2007

ext Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 at 15:31:32 +0100, George Wright wrote:
>> FindAccounts ( a{sv}: account_data ) -> ao
>>
>>   Returns all accounts whose account data contains the search query.
>>
>>   An empty array should return all possible accounts.
>
> Please explicitly say that the account_data is the same as for Telepathy's
> RequestConnection() parameters.

Mmmm... I'd prefer to let it search through all possible things, such as
display name, profile (if we'll have it), etc.  I doubt that any client
can be interested in listing accounts by their connection parameters
(except for the username).

>> ConnectAll ( ) -> nothing
>>
>>   Requests all accounts go online with the default presence.
>
> ... all enabled accounts, presumably?

+1

> The parameters and enabled state have a "get" method but no change
> notification. Is this deliberate or an omission?

I think that AccountUpdated signal is meant to be emitted whenever a
parameter or display name, avatar, etc. changes. Maybe it might make
sense to have a different signal for every setting?

> The avatar, display name, presence have no change notification. If
> clients are expected to listen to the CM signals directly for change
> notification of these, please mention that in the documentation for the
> "get" function.

I hope that we'll try to avoid to have clients directly accessing CM
interfaces as much as possible.

I also forgot to remark that we are missing some global presence signals:

PresenceRequested ( u:presence, s:message )
PresenceUpdated ( u:presence, s:message )

Ciao,
   Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it <-- Geek in un lingua international!