[Telepathy] Proposed standard MC API

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 09:25:11 PDT 2007

Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 at 16:17:56 +0300, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
>> ext Simon McVittie wrote:

>>> Please explicitly say that the account_data is the same as for Telepathy's
>>> RequestConnection() parameters.
>> Mmmm... I'd prefer to let it search through all possible things, such as
>> display name, profile (if we'll have it), etc.
>
> In that case the allowed keys and value types/semantics in account_data will
> need to be specified.

-1 to any confusion of the dictionary of parameters stored in the
account, and passed to RequestConnection, and anything else. If you want
to search on other things, add a different search mechanism. The MC spec
shouldn't be inserting keys into the same namespace as the one defined
by RequestConnection.

> 	Simon

Regards,
Rob