[Telepathy] Proposed standard MC API

Will Thompson will at willthompson.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 09:57:42 PDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 06:34:48PM +0200, Xavier Claessens wrote:
> Le mardi 07 août 2007 à 02:06 +1000, Jiri Baum a écrit :
> > Which also supports the use case where a user separates "friends", "family"
> > and "work" accounts into groups, so all the "family" accounts can be set to
> > Busy with one call, regardless of whether they're voice, IM or whatever.
>
> In my opinion that's too much complexity for the end user, most user
> only have one MSN account, some have one msn + one jabber, very few has
> more than 2 accounts.

For what it's worth, the ability to control the status of groups of
accounts independently (normally work accounts vs personal accounts) has
been a frequently-requested feature for Pidgin since it grew the concept
of global status.

> At least for empathy I think I'll only use global presence and set it on
> every accounts without asking more to the user.

Do you plan to let the user set exceptions to the global presence for
individual accounts?

Will